her face will launch a thousand ships,
They call her darling, sweetheart, baby, love,
The honeyed words drip rotten from their lips,
Her father watches from above,
or so they say.
Born from a golden egg, a little dove
that brought no peace.
He calls me precious, baby, sweetheart, dear,
And ties me to a stone.
His face is lined with age and fear.
My father holds an earthly throne.
the wind will dance for me alone.
The innocence of Greece.
they feel it as they lie awake.
The breeze bought with my life.
And savour every breath they take,
the young Prince and his stolen wife.
the workings of his silver knife
will bring my father glory.
the men come home from war,
their strong arms freed from oars and whips,
to hold their wives and bleed no more.
I’ll be the wind that speeds their ships.
she’ll be the song on all their lips.
It never was my story.
tbh I don’t see the fuss about having waiters/waitresses not being happy and enthusiastic like I came here to eat I didn’t come here to be amused by employees as long as I’m getting my food and they’re not being blatantly rude I don’t see why y’all need to go on yelp to rank a restaurant 0/5 and have an outburst on why your waitress didn’t smile at you when she poured you water
this is pretty freaking important
Fuck PETA. They’re offering to help ten families in Detroit with their bills if they agree to become vegan.
Holy shit that is some straight up white saviour missionary style bullshit. Only with quinoa instead of bibles.
we will help you
but only ONLY if you accept tofu as your lord and savior
- The US Government: We're not going to make it federally mandatory for people to get paid a wage they can actually live off of
- The US Government: If people want to make a living, they'll just have to work 16+ hours a day
- The US Government: And if their kids end up disenfranchised because of a lack of parental involvement, well that's not our problem
- The US Government: In fact, what is our problem is creating a system that will funnel these disenfranchised youth into our prison system so they can work for corporations (that promise us money) for damn near free
- The US Government: If they don't want to fall victim to this system, then they can seek higher education
- The US Government: Except such an education will be inaccessible to most disenfranchised people and skewed in favor of the financially stable and white people
- The US Government: And we're not going to make intervention programs like sex education and conflict resolution federally mandatory, because that's the parent's job
- The US Government: The parent who is working 16 hours a day